A space for calm and reflection. Now bookable for short breaks online.
The Life House is available for dates in 2017, see here.
The design and location of the house is based upon the concept of a retreat - where serenity, contemplation and restoration are foremost; a space that will immerse the visitor in a zone of extreme calm, leaving them re-invigorated to resume their responsibilities in the world. For that reason, The Life House is available for stays of one week (7 nights) only.
The Life House accommodates up to 6 people. It has three double bedrooms (one of which can be made up as twins). The bedrooms all have an ensuite bathroom with WC, with either a shower or a bath:
- Bedroom 1. Bathing bedroom - provides a room-based bathing platform in which to lie and reassess existence with the help of views onto a Welsh valley.
- Bedroom 2. Reading bedroom - contains a library of books, including some of the most therapeutic works of eastern and western literature
- Bedroom 3. Music bedroom - equipped with a suitably generous music system, and a carefully curated selection of transcendent and calming music from all ages and genres.
The following are provided for your holiday:
- Miele kitchen appliances - oven, combination microwave oven, induction hob, dishwasher, fridge, fridge freezer.
- John Pawson designed cookware saucepans (suitable for the induction hob), crockery and cutlery.
- David Mellor kitchen equipment - including DM kitchen knives, chopping boards, sieves and colanders, graters, whisks, tongs, cooking utensils, food blender, scales, mixing bowls, a rolling pin and pastry brush, glassware (tumblers, wine glasses, champagne flutes), a tea pot, cafetiere and mugs.
- Miele washing machine and condenser dryer (plus an iron, ironing board and airer, but please bring detergent).
- REN skincare individual shampoo, bath & shower gel and hand soap.
- Peter Reed high quality Egyptian cotton bed linen.
- Luxurious hand towels and bath towels.
- Luxury hypo-allergenic pillows and duvets (to ensure that everyone, including those with allergies, have a comfortable stay; but please note we do not have the storage space to also provide feather duvets and pillows).
- A few food items to get you started in the kitchen, some: tea bags, coffee, semi-skimmed milk, bread, salted butter and olive oil.
- Some basic household items, some: bin bags, washing up liquid, kitchen roll, hand-wash, dishwasher tablets, foil and loo paper.
- Television and DVD player (so do bring DVDs to play).
- Wi Fi internet connection (which you can access if you bring a laptop, but please note that, due to its location and for reasons beyond our control, internet access can be intermittent).
- Arrival/ Departure: you will be sent detailed arrival information before your stay. Arrival is after 4pm and departure by 10 am.
- Underfloor heating throughout the house; plus starter fuel log (if you wish to use the fire in the living room).
What's not provided:
- Beach towels.
- Landline telephone.
- High chair and travel cot.
- Additional logs for the fire (but these can be bought locally if desired).
- We are sorry but (due to their locations) we do not accept dogs at The Life House, The Long House or The Balancing Barn.
- However, one well-behaved dog (who respects and loves modern architecture) is welcome at The Dune House and The Shingle House, both situated on beaches, for an additional charge of £20 per booking.